Student Ambassador Application for Membership
To provide students an opportunity to promote a positive image of Hawkeye Community College by serving as facilitators of the internal and external recruitment and promotion of the college.
Examples of Duties
Ambassadors assist with Experience Hawkeye visit days, visit with prospective students and parents, give campus tours, and assist with college recruiting activities and other activities related to the promotion of the college.
After completing 30 volunteer hours and tour training, Student Ambassadors will have the opportunity to be paid. All positions will be paid $9.75 per hour. Work hours will be scheduled around your academic schedule.
Desired Personal Qualifications
- Possess an interest in and support the philosophy and objectives of Hawkeye Community College.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Display maturity, reliability, leadership and time-management skills.
- Skills to adequately and positively represent Hawkeye Community College to prospective students and others within the Hawkeye service area.
- Capable of assertiveness when presenting self to others.
- Participates actively with others.
- Willingness to being a team player.
- Accepts the diversity of lifestyles and attitudes of individuals.