Student Ambassador Application for Membership
To provide students an opportunity to promote a positive image of Hawkeye Community College by serving as facilitators of the internal and external recruitment and promotion of the college.
Examples of Duties
Ambassadors assist with Experience Hawkeye visit days, visit with prospective students and parents, give campus tours, and assist with college recruiting activities and other activities related to the promotion of the college.
Student Ambassadors will be able to work in the Admissions office. Students will receive training for basic office skills, giving tours, and participating in panels. Work hours will be scheduled around their academic schedules. All positions will be paid $9.75.
Desired Personal Qualifications
- Possess an interest in and support the philosophy and objectives of Hawkeye Community College.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Display maturity, reliability, leadership and time-management skills.
- Skills to adequately and positively represent Hawkeye Community College to prospective students and others within the Hawkeye service area.
- Capable of assertiveness when presenting self to others.
- Participates actively with others.
- Willingness to being a team player.
- Accepts the diversity of lifestyles and attitudes of individuals.