Regular Hours, Summer 2022

Summer Hours: May 23 – July 29, 2022: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm

Resources and Forms


Active Club Fund Request [pdf]

Advisor Agreement [pdf]: Every advisor will need to sign an advisor agreement every academic year or when starting a new club.

Appeal Form [pdf]: Complete this form to appeal a disciplinary action made by the club/organization advisor. For example, suspension or termination from the club/organization once the necessary requirements are met.

Funding Request Form [pdf]: Used to request usage of funds for a club/organization. Clubs/organizations can request up to $400 per fall/spring semester.

Fundraising Approval Form [pdf]: Used when planning any type of fundraiser. Clubs/organizations will be notified of approval or denial within two weeks from when the request is received.

Registration and Roster Form [pdf]: To maintain your club/organization's active status, submit a completed Registration and Roster form each semester. Also see Maintaining Active Status.

Reimbursement Form [pdf]: Used when requesting reimbursement for purchases made for a club/organization or travel expenses. If requesting reimbursement for travel, you will also need to complete the Travel Reimbursement form. Travel Reimbursement forms can be picked up in the Student Activities office.

Sponsorship Checklist [pdf]: Complete this guide before contacting prospective sponsors for a club/organization purpose.

Student Activity Event Notification [pdf]: Complete this form if you will miss class to attend a club/organization event.

Travel Acknowledgement/Waiver Form [pdf]: All students participating in a club/organization must sign a Travel Acknowledgement/Waiver form prior to any travel taking place.

Van Rental Form: Used to reserve and document any travel in a Hawkeye vehicle. This form is also used by the maintenance department to keep track of mileage and vehicle usage. Your club/organization should keep it for your records. Student Activities will also file it in your club/organization’s folder. The form can be found in My Hawkeye > Services and Resources > Van Reservation.


Student Activities staff: The Student Activities staff maintains an open door policy. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions regarding planning, club/organization operations, handling funds, fundraising, marketing, or any other issues that may arise.

We are happy to help any club/organization with their development which may include clarification of purpose, structuring of organization, fundraising ideas, leadership development, team building, conflict resolution, etc.

Appointments are encouraged.

Constitution: Each club/organization must have a constitution with bylaws on file with the Student Leadership Council each academic year. See sample constitution [pdf].

To checkout a laptop, contact the Library.

To reserve a van or car, the club/organization advisor must contact Kris Weis in Student Activities who will help connect them with the campus Facilities department to confirm the reservation. The person driving the vehicle must be a Hawkeye employee and an approved Hawkeye driver. Facilities can answer questions regarding how to become an approved Hawkeye driver prior to your travel.

Developing your club/organization calendar: Clubs/organizations are strongly encouraged to set up a yearly calendar of events/activities as early in the fall semester as possible. This will ensure that the space and other resources that are needed will be available. This will also ensure that your activities are publicized as widely as possible.

Reserving space for meetings, events, or activities:

  • To reserve the Multipurpose Room, contact Student Activities. All requests must be confirmed by the Student Activities staff.

  • To reserve the Informational Table in the Brock Student Center, your club/organization advisor must contact Student Activities.

  • To reserve a classroom or the Auditorium in Tama Hall, your club/organization advisor must contact Karen Gebel, Event Manager.

Marketing your club/organization, event, or activity:

  • To post flyers or other information on the bulletin boards around campus, contact Student Activities. All flyers must be okayed, stamped, and posted by Student Activities. Unapproved flyers will be removed.

  • To request information to put into the Stall Street Journal (posted twice a month during the school year in bathroom stalls around campus) or the Parent e-Newsletter, your club/organization advisor must contact Student Activities. Due to limited space, a rotation may be implemented to ensure all clubs/organizations are given equal opportunities to post in the publication. Student Activities reserves the right to omit or include any information submitted.

  • To create, update, or add information to your club/organization web page, contact Krystal Grady in Public Relations and Marketing.

  • For approval of all other marketing materials, including creating a social media presence, contact Jason Staker in Public Relations and Marketing.

Contact Information

Student Activities

Brock Student Center
1-800-670-4769 ext.4027
Email Student Activities

Regular Hours — Summer 2022

May 23 – July 29
Monday–Thursday 8:00am–3:30pm
Friday 8:00am–12:00pm
August 1 – 19
Monday–Friday 8:00am–3:30pm

If campus is closed, the Brock Student Center is also closed. This includes weather-related closings. See the Academic Calendar for scheduled college closings.

Back to top