Mission, Vision, Goals, and Outcomes
The Board of Trustees approved the following new mission and vision statements in November 2020.
Empowering students, strengthening businesses, and enriching communities.
Improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
As a college we will provide focus, meaning, and the skills necessary for qualified individuals to live competently in their communities.
To effectively demonstrate our mission, we are committed to provide:
- Educational opportunities that are student centered, comprehensive, and responsive to the individual and society.
- Leadership activities that support a dynamic framework for students, faculty, staff and the community to reach their potential.
- Quality services to each qualified individual.
- Access sensitivity to diversity, support for equal opportunities for all qualified individuals.
- Cooperative community relationships which foster human, social, cultural, economic, and civic development.
At Hawkeye Community College We Believe:
- We are in the business of changing lives.
- Our students are the top priority in everything we do.
- The people who work here are outstanding.
- This is a great place to work.
- The communities we serve are better because of us.
- Partnership and collaboration are central to everything we do.
- The future of our college is limitless.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Locate, retrieve, interpret, and use information effectively
- Acquire, evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information
- Apply the principles of the scientific method
- Develop skills in problem-solving, logical thinking, and sound reasoning
- Apply mathematical processes
- Convey information through verbal, written, technological, or visual means
- Use creative expression to convey ideas
Life Skills/Discipline Knowledge
- Utilize and acquire workforce readiness skills — technical and/or soft skills
- Apply the principles of mathematics, science, humanities, and technology in personal, academic, and working-world situations
Value Self and Others
- Recognize and appreciate diversity and the global perspective
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Make ethical decisions
- Demonstrate social responsibility
- Engage in leadership activities
- Demonstrate skills such as self-awareness and self-advocacy