Mission, Vision, Goals, and Outcomes
The mission of Hawkeye Community College is a globally informed community of successful lifelong learners.
Hawkeye Community College will be recognized for educational excellence, exceptional student services, and responsiveness to diverse communities.
As a college we will provide focus, meaning, and the skills necessary for qualified individuals to live competently in their communities.
To effectively demonstrate our mission, we are committed to provide:
- Educational opportunities that are student centered, comprehensive, and responsive to the individual and society.
- Leadership activities that support a dynamic framework for students, faculty, staff and the community to reach their potential.
- Quality services to each qualified individual.
- Access sensitivity to diversity, support for equal opportunities for all qualified individuals.
- Cooperative community relationships which foster human, social, cultural, economic, and civic development.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Students will develop speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills.
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
Students will acquire, evaluate, and analyze information; develop sound reasoning skills; and apply the principles of the scientific method.
Students will develop skills in problem-solving, logical thinking, and application of the mathematical processes.
Community / Global Awareness
Students will recognize and appreciate diversity, historical viewpoints, and the global perspective.
Students will cultivate ethical values, personal wellness, and personal learning strategies.
Students will acquire a global and cultural understanding of the role of the arts, instilling the personal curiosity and skills for creative expression and endeavors.
Students will apply technological methods to retrieve, process, and communicate information.
Workplace Application of Skills
Students will synthesize technical skills and industry knowledge to succeed in a work environment.
Student Handbook Next Page >
Affirmative Action Plan Next Page >