Strategic Plan: 2015–2018
Hawkeye Community College’s 2015–2018 Strategic Plan was developed in collaboration with college employees and key stakeholders. Every area of the College will develop three-year plans that align with each initiative and focuses on the college’s vision for the future.
Initiative 1: Connect Students to Success
In a rapidly changing educational environment, Hawkeye Community College must align curricular and co-curricular programs with budgeting and fiscal planning to ensure successful fulfillment of the institution's mission, vision and goals.
Initiative 1 Goals
Develop clear pathways for students to achieve their goals.
Create and foster an inclusive environment with open communication to enhance the planning and development of educational and training programs.
- Develop processes that align planning with budget to improve program performance, meet community and workforce needs, and enhance student success.
Initiative 2: Connect to Inclusion and Diversity
Promote an increased awareness of and a shared commitment to inclusiveness and diversity throughout the learning-centered environment at Hawkeye Community College.
Initiative 2 Goals
Prepare students and employees to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a diverse society.
Expand access and support opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Expand and promote diverse and inclusive opportunities for employees and the communities we serve.
Initiative 3: Connect to Innovation and Technology
Hawkeye Community College will become a leader in exploring, adopting, and implementing innovative technology solutions to serve the educational and training needs of students and support staff goals while positioning the College to remain competitive in an ever advancing technological environment.
Initiative 3 Goals
Develop processes to ensure all employees remain current in the latest technology advancements to meet our institution’s educational needs.
Create College-wide processes to support the enhancement of teaching effectiveness and student-centered learning in on-campus and online learning environments.
Provide training opportunities for all employees to explore, adopt, and implement innovative technology solutions to support employee, department and institutional goals.
Planning Committee Members
- Dr. Linda Allen, President's Office
- Hillary Anniss, Public Relations and Marketing
- Gisella Baker, Financial Aid
- Dr. Cindy Bottrell, School of Math, Natural and Social Sciences
- Jerry Boyd, Jr., Communication and Information Systems
- Connie Buhr, Institutional Research
- Denise Dunn, President’s Office
- Jeremy Fry, Arts and Sciences
- Patrick Geer, Applied Science and Technology
- Deb Hacker, Arts and Sciences
- Quentin Hart, Multicultural Affairs
- Nancy Henderson, Student Services
- Janine Knapp, Human Resource Services
- Debra Lilly, Hawkeye Foundation
- Dr. Carole Ostendorf, Health Sciences
- Kimberly Recker, Business and Community Education