Student Leadership Council
Student Leadership Council represents and promotes the common interests and general welfare of the student body and also remains consistent with the mission of Hawkeye Community College.
The members of the Student Leadership Council pledge their commitment, leadership, and collaboration to embrace diversity within the college and community. The Student Leadership Council also assists in the planning of educational, cultural, recreational, and social activities throughout the school year.
Activities and Events
Student Leadership Council participates in the following activities and events:
- Fall Fest
- Artist Series
- Children’s Halloween party
- Family Carnival
- Leadership Conferences
- Local sporting events
See the Student Activities Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events and activities.
General Council Meetings
General Council meetings are open to non-council members.
Join us from 12:00–1:00pm in the Brock Student Center Multipurpose Room:
- August 20, 2018
- August 27, 2018—Vote on Exec Board
- September 10, 2018—Clubs and Orgs Metting, VP
- September 17, 2018 in the Brock Student Center
- October 8, 2018
- October 15, 2018
- October 29, 2018
- November 8–11, 2018—ARPA Conference, Chicago
- November 12, 2018
- November 26, 2018—Vote on Exec Board!
- December 10, 2018—Potluck!
- January 21, 2019
- January 28, 2019
- February 11, 2019
- February 25, 2019
- March 11, 2019
- March 25, 2019
- April 8, 2019—Vote on Exec Board!
- April 22, 2019
- April 29, 2019—Potluck!
Meetings may be canceled, rescheduled, or added as the Council Advisor sees necessary.
Student Leadership Council Members Qualifications and Application
There are 25 seats available for eligible members.
Student Leadership Council Members must:
- Enroll in at least six credit hours.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Pay activity fees.
- Complete the Student Leadership Council Application [pdf]. Printed applications can also be picked up at the Student Life desk in the Brock Student Center.
- Receive approval of the Council.
For more details on qualifications and procedures please refer to the Student Leadership Council Constitution [pdf] or the Student Leadership Council Handbook.
After one full semester Council members are eligible to apply for the Executive Board. Student Leadership Council Executive Board application [pdf].
If you would like more information about the Student Leadership Council please fill out the interest survey below.