Skip to Search
- The Library offers online full-text for e-books and journal articles 24/7 via links on this webpage.
- Access online journals and e-books via the "Library Resources" link in your Canvas courses.
- Need help doing research? Check out our Research Guides and our Online Research Toolkit.
- Need tutoring? See details for the online Smart Thinking tutoring modules.
The Library building is closed until further notice, but Library staff will be working remotely and can answer questions via email or phone from 8:00am–4:30pm Monday–Friday.
For password resets: Call 319-296-4006; after hours, try resetting your own password via the link on MyHawkeye. Also see Your Hawkeye Username and Password.
Reference help or library instruction: Email Sarah Quin or call 319-296-2329 ext.1227.
Trouble accessing streaming videos, library databases, etc.? Email Megan Blackford or call 319-296-2329 ext.1231.
Questions in general: Email the Library or email the Library Director, Candace Havely or call us at 319-296-4006.
Due Dates Extended to May 13, 2020
- All library items currently checked out are now due on May 13, 2020, the last day of the semester.
- You will not receive overdue notices unless library items are not returned on or before May 13, 2020.
- Overdue fines will only be assessed for electronic items and study guides that are not returned on or before May 13, 2020.
Potential WI-FI Access at Area Public Libraries
The Iowa Library Association has announced that some public libraries may be allowing their Wi-Fi signals to be accessed in their parking lots. There is no guarantee that access will be available, but contact your local public libraries to inquire.
Single-Sign On Is Here
The Library is implementing single-sign on authentication for our library resources in January. Login once with your Hawkeye username and password and you should be logged into all library resources. This will allow you to save articles to your EBSCO, ProQuest and Gale accounts, etc. and access content quicker and easier.
Faculty members, you will need to update a few embed codes for streaming videos and permalinks to e-books or journal articles that you might have posted in Canvas, but the library staff can help if needed.
Hawkeye Reads 2019–2020 Title Selection: The Hate U Give
Hawkeye Reads is a common read program for Hawkeye Community College students, faculty, and staff. Learn more about the Hawkeye Reads program.