Required Background Screenings to Participate in Clinicals
As a student in a health program at Hawkeye Community College you will be required to complete:
- a criminal background check,
- sex offender registry,
- child abuse registry, and
- dependent adult registry.
The outcome could possibly affect your opportunities to participate in the clinical setting.
Program Course Notes
You must achieve a minimum "B" grade or better in prerequisite courses BIO168, ENG105, and HSC108 and pass PNN100.
- You must achieve a minimum "B" grade in BIO173 and a minimum "C" grade in all other courses required to complete the program.
Students may complete general education courses, marked with the gen ed icon◆, prior to full admission into the program.
The following suggested sequence of study is for new full-time students starting the program in the academic year listed.
When registering for classes refer to your Program Evaluation/Degree Audit to see your specific program requirements and ensure proper registration.
Courses and course cost calculations are subject to change.
* PNN-100 must be completed through an accredited college. Applicants will need to provide an official transcript documenting successful CNA completion.
* Required summer course.
** Required summer course for fall start students.
Course Cost Calculation
Resident tuition and fees x course credits + course fee if applicable.
The course cost calculation does not include: