Brobst Center for Teaching and Learning Services
We provide resources and on-going support for faculty development and innovation to enhance student learning.
We strive to:
- Engage faculty as full partners in the learning process.
- Shift focus from the process of teaching to the results of learning.
- Understand the impact of teaching so that we get better results in the classroom.
- Provide learning opportunities based on faculty needs and student learning data.
- Coach, consult, and provide tools and strategies to engage learners.
- Maximize use of classroom technology.
- Create media resources to complement instruction.
- Enhance online instruction and distance-learning courses.
We want to be the ones you turn to for creative solutions!
See our Foundation for Faculty Development
Started in 1995 with part-time faculty leadership, the Center for Teaching and Learning Services was created to bring together faculty development and services provided in various areas of the college.
In July 2005 the Center for Teaching and Learning Services became a full-time initiative of Hawkeye providing faculty development, media services, and distance learning. It was renamed the Brobst Center for Teaching and Learning Services, honoring of Dan and Carol Brobst, long-time administrators and strong proponents of faculty development at Hawkeye from 1967 through 2001.