Canvas Learning Management System
Canvas is Hawkeye’s online Learning Management System (LMS) used for teaching and learning to better assist and stay connected with your students.
As an instructor, you will be using Canvas for each of your courses. Canvas enables you to provide your students access to course information and content. You are expected to have the course syllabus and current grades posted within each course “site” and the ability to interact with students using Canvas communication tools (i.e., Announcements, Discussions, Conversations, Gradebook, and SpeedGrader.). Your depth of use will depend on the course delivery method or your individual preferences beyond the requirements.
- Intuitive and easy to use.
- Ability to send course updates via email, text message, and even social media accounts.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Improved audio and video support with integrated media recorder.
- User-friendly support guides for faculty and students.
- 24/7 phone, chat, and email support.
Resources to Help You Get Started
There are several ways you can access Canvas:
- Via the "Faculty and Staff" menu on the Hawkeye website
- Via the "My Canvas" tab in My Hawkeye
Login to Canvas