About the Hawkeye Community College Library
The Hawkeye Community College Library is open 69.5 hours per week Sunday–Friday and provides online access to electronic resources for all students, including distance learning students, 24/7 via the Library’s website.
Hawkeye's Library provides:
- over 34,000 print volumes
- 120,000+ e-books
- over 1,800 videos including 170+ films licensed for streaming
- 4 newspaper subscriptions
- over 180 magazine and journal subscriptions
- 42 online databases, many including full text for periodical articles and books
- 36 desktop computers and 10 wireless laptops for library use
- 20 laptops, 10 wi-fi hotspots, and other electronic devices available for checkout
- Eight private study rooms, including two outfitted with collaborative learning technology. Study rooms may be reserved online.
- Online tutorials and Research Guides that provide research assistance 24/7
Cedar Valley Library Consortium
Hawkeye Community College Library belongs to the Cedar Valley Library Consortium (CVLC).
Libraries in the Cedar Valley Library Consortium
The Cedar Valley Library Consortium Allows You To ...
Get a free library card at all participating libraries. Some borrowing restrictions apply.
Return materials to any Cedar Valley Library Consortium library and the materials will be returned to the lending library for you.
Check out popular fiction titles from satellite collections provided by the Waterloo Public Library at Hawkeye and the Cedar Falls Public Library at UNI.
Enjoy area libraries and participate in their programs.
Library and Classroom Building
Ask A Librarian
Request Library Instruction
Reserve A Study Room
Regular Hours—Fall 2016
|Mon–Thur ||7:00am–8:00pm |
|Friday ||7:00am–4:30pm |
|Saturday ||Closed |
|Sunday ||12:00–8:00pm |
If campus is closed, the Library is also closed. This includes weather related closings.