The mission of the Hawkeye Community College Library is to cultivate a welcoming and inclusive environment that provides access to services and resources which foster lifelong learning, encourage intellectual curiosity, and support the College’s curricular programs.
The Hawkeye Community College Library is open 64.5 hours per week Sunday–Friday during the academic year and provides online access to electronic resources for all students, including distance learning students, 24/7 via the Library’s website.
Hawkeye's Library provides:
- 28,000+ print books and 160,000+ e-books.
- 1,000+ videos, plus multiple streaming video collections for student/faculty use.
- 58+ magazine and journal subscriptions; 2 newspaper subscriptions.
- 60+ online databases, many including full text for periodical articles and books.
- 38 desktop computers (some with double monitors) and 5 wireless laptops for library use. *
- A limited number of laptops, Chromebooks, and Wi-Fi hotspots available for checkout.
- Seven Zoom stations equipped with web cameras.
- Eight private study rooms *, including two with collaborative learning technology. Reserve a study room online.
- A private room called the Quiet Space * for private reflection and de-stressing.
- Online tutorials and Research Guides that provide research assistance 24/7.
- Information Literacy instruction for courses.
- An active learning classroom (Lib 211) available for booking by faculty members.
- Online chat services and Library FAQs to answer questions, reset passwords, and assist patrons with research.
The Hawkeye Community College Library's collection is developed and maintained following guidelines established by the professional librarians on staff. Concerns about library materials will be addressed according to a procedure referenced in the established Collection Development Policy [pdf].
* Access may be restricted due to social distancing requirements.
Meet the Library Staff
Meet our friendly library staff and learn about their role in the Library and their interests and hobbies outside of work.
Hawkeye Community College Library belongs to the Cedar Valley Library Consortium (CVLC) and the Two Rivers Alma Collaborative (TRAC).
These Partnerships Allow You To ...
Present your Hawkeye ID card to check out materials at participating libraries; some borrowing restrictions apply.
Return materials to any CVLC or TRAC library and the materials will be returned to the lending library for you.
Check out popular fiction titles from a satellite collection provided by the Waterloo Public Library at the Hawkeye Library.
Request items from TRAC libraries via the Hawkeye Library’s One Search catalog; items will be delivered via courier Mondays and Thursdays.