The Hawkeye Community College Library is open 69.5 hours per week Sunday–Friday and provides online access to electronic resources for all students, including distance learning students, 24/7 via the Library’s website.
Hawkeye's Library provides:
- 42,000+ print volumes.
- 160,000+ e-books.
- 1,000+ videos, plus streaming video collections for student/faculty use.
- 2 newspaper subscriptions.
- 85+ magazine and journal subscriptions.
- 60+ online databases, many including full text for periodical articles and books.
- 38 desktop computers and 10 wireless laptops for library use.
- 20 laptops, 10 Wi-Fi hotspots, and other electronic devices available for checkout.
- Nine private study rooms, including two with collaborative learning technology. Reserve a study room online.
- Online tutorials and Research Guides that provide research assistance 24/7.
Hawkeye Community College Library belongs to the Cedar Valley Library Consortium (CVLC) and the Two Rivers Alma Collaborative (TRAC).
These Partnerships Allow You To ...
Present your Hawkeye ID card to check out materials at participating libraries; *some borrowing restrictions apply.
Return materials to any CVLC or TRAC library and the materials will be returned to the lending library for you.
Check out popular fiction titles from a satellite collection provided by the Waterloo Public Library at the Hawkeye Library.
Request items from TRAC libraries via the Hawkeye Library’s One Search catalog; items will be delivered via courier Mondays and Thursdays.