The Hawkeye Community College Library is open 69.5 hours per week Sunday–Friday and provides online access to electronic resources for all students, including distance learning students, 24/7 via the Library’s website.
Hawkeye's Library provides:
- 28,000+ print books and 160,000+ e-books.
- 1,000+ videos, plus multiple streaming video collections for student/faculty use.
- 58+ magazine and journal subscriptions; 2 newspaper subscriptions.
- 60+ online databases, many including full text for periodical articles and books.
- 38 desktop computers and 5 wireless laptops for library use. *
- 25 laptops, 40 Wi-Fi hotspots, and other electronic devices available for checkout.
- Eight private study rooms *, including two with collaborative learning technology.
- A private room called the Quiet Space * for private reflection and de-stressing.
- Online tutorials and Research Guides that provide research assistance 24/7.
- Information Literacy instruction for courses.
- An active learning classroom (Lib 211) available for booking by faculty members.
- Online chat services and Library FAQs to answer questions and assist patrons with research.
Access may be restricted due to social distancing requirements.
Hawkeye Community College Library belongs to the Cedar Valley Library Consortium (CVLC) and the Two Rivers Alma Collaborative (TRAC).
These Partnerships Allow You To ...
Present your Hawkeye ID card to check out materials at participating libraries; some borrowing restrictions apply.
Return materials to any CVLC or TRAC library and the materials will be returned to the lending library for you.
Check out popular fiction titles from a satellite collection provided by the Waterloo Public Library at the Hawkeye Library.
Request items from TRAC libraries via the Hawkeye Library’s One Search catalog; items will be delivered via courier Mondays and Thursdays.