Childcare Director Training Certificate
The Iowa Childcare Director Training was developed to support newer directors or those aspiring to become a childcare director. The online training provides valuable information focusing on the needed topics every director should know. These topics include: Center Design, Finance and Fiscal Management, Policies and Procedures, Human Resources, Staff Management, Program Philosophy, Creating a Positive Climate, Managing the Food, Health, and Safety Programs, Curriculum and Assessment, Accessing Services and Community Resources, and Software Application of Quickbooks.
The training allows collaboration through a cohort of participants, 24/7 access through the online format, and an extended mentoring program after the training for further support.
This non-credit training counts toward required professional development training for individuals in a number positions including childcare director, early head start director, education coordinator, or preschool director.
Example Careers and Average Wages
| ||Entry ||Average ||Experienced |
|Education and Childcare Administrators, Preschool and Daycare ||$29,200 ||43,900 ||$51,300 |
Source: 2020 Iowa Wage Report, Iowa Workforce Development
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from an accredited institution and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must have access to the Internet through a web browser ( Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Must be working in childcare and meet the minimum qualifications to be a director as defined by the department of Human Services or be a current director. See Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral's Center Director Requirements [pdf].
Students must complete the entire course to receive certification.
Online, self-paced: January 24–April 10, 2022
QuickBooks via Zoom: April 11–20, 2022 on Monday and Wednesday from 6:00–9:00pm
*A partial scholarship of $269 is available through the Iowa Women's Foundation. Additionally, qualifying participants can utilize GAP Tuition Assistance for the remaining tuition of $230.
The NECPA Commission, Inc. has approved this educational program as meeting the criteria for continuing education for the National Administrator Credential.
Complete the online application and self-attestation form. A training coordinator will contact you once your from has been received. Call 319-296-4290 for more information.
Review our list of frequently asked questions.[pdf]