Childcare Director Training Certificate
The Iowa Childcare Director Training was developed to support those aspiring to become a childcare director. It can also be taken by experienced directors wanting to refresh their skills. The online training provides valuable information focusing on the needed topics every director should know. These topics include: Center Design, Finance and Fiscal Management, Policies and Procedures, Human Resources, Staff Management, Program Philosophy, Creating a Positive Climate, Managing the Food, Health, and Safety Programs, Curriculum and Assessment, Accessing Services and Community Resources, and Software Application of Quickbooks.
The training allows collaboration through a cohort of participants, 24/7 access through the online format, and an extended mentoring program after the training for further support.
This non-credit training counts toward required professional development training for individuals in a number positions including childcare director, early head start director, education coordinator, or preschool director.
Example Careers and Average Wages
| ||Entry ||Average ||Experienced |
|Education and Childcare Administrators, Preschool and Daycare ||$29,200 ||43,900 ||$51,300 |
Source: 2020 Iowa Wage Report, Iowa Workforce Development
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from an accredited institution and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must have access to the Internet through a web browser ( Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Must be working in childcare and meet the minimum qualifications to be a director as defined by the department of Human Services or be a current director. See Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral's Center Director Requirements [pdf].
Students must complete the entire course to receive certification.
Online, self-paced: January 24–April 10, 2022
QuickBooks via Zoom: April 11–20, 2022 on Monday and Wednesday from 6:00–9:00pm
*Partial scholarships may be available after January 1, 2022 through the Iowa Women's Foundation.
The NECPA Commission, Inc. has approved this educational program as meeting the criteria for continuing education for the National Administrator Credential.
Complete the online application and self-attestation form. A training coordinator will contact you once your from has been received. Call 319-296-4290 for more information.
Review our list of frequently asked questions.[pdf]