Library Card and Borrowing Privileges
The Hawkeye Community College Library is open to Hawkeye students, faculty, and staff; and the general public.
Hawkeye Students, Faculty, and Staff
Your Hawkeye Card student ID is your library card. You can check out an unlimited number of most library materials.
Use your Hawkeye Card to:
- Check out library materials
- Access items from the Course Reserve Collection
- Request an Interlibrary Loan
- Enroll in the Library’s biometric system
- Reset your Hawkeye password
Members of the public may check out many library materials through the Iowa Open Access program.
Please present a photo ID to receive your Hawkeye Community College Library card.
Borrowing privileges for the general public do NOT include:
- Use of most reserve materials
- Interlibrary loan service
- Remote access to licensed electronic resources
- Checkout of videos, however you can view videos in the library
- Checkout of electronic devices such as laptops, etc.
- Eligibility to enroll in the biometric system
Student Handbook End