Vacancy Notice: 04/20/2018
Application Deadline: 5/18/2018 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Administrative
This position provides leadership to foster a service-oriented culture to help students and faculty. Plans, organizes, and manages all the activities related to the Records and Registration Office. Serves as the official authorized keeper of the College’s student records and provides leadership for continual enhancement of processes, services, support, and a proactive service-minded culture and organization. Maintains integrity of the institution through accountability, accuracy, and ethical behavior.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains an accurate and effective permanent record keeping system in accordance with the Federal and State Statute, Department of Education guidelines, Board Policy, and AACRAO guidelines.
- Manages the enrollment process and records, ensuring privacy of the data contained therein.
- Maintains continuous system testing while improving and updating the functionality of the Student Information System (SIS).
- Manages the completion of required reporting and surveys such as IPEDS, Perkins, Chronicle Guidance Publication, College Board, Thompson Peterson, etc.
- Manages policy waivers that pertain to academic policy and procedures.
- Coordinates the delivery of registrar and registration services by providing information and referral to all areas of the college.
- Collaborates with administrators, deans, faculty, CIS, and student success specialists to facilitate and improve services to students.
- Interprets, implements, and maintains continuous compliance with all governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Champions technology and utilizes it to project trends appropriately, maintaining student privacy.
- Solicits, gathers, and certifies enrollment/attendance for use by financial aid for official aid disbursement.
- Manages the pre-graduation audits; certifies final graduation awards for certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
- Manages the evaluation of advanced standings for technical and transfer programs.
- Approves release of student information according to FERPA and ensures that the college community is aware of FERPA standards and regulations.
- Provides effective and accessible practices and procedures for course registration, including initial registration, refunds, withdrawals, and transfers.
- Prepares annual budget and administers the Registrar’s Office budget.
- Prepares student demographics report each semester and prepares state enrollment reports (MIS).
- Provides leadership and participates in college committees, meetings, and other functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years leadership experience in student registration, student records, student services, or admissions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of budget administration and fiscal management.
Vice President of Enrollment Services
Full time position with comprehensive or competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPER (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.
You must login to apply online, or contact Human Resource Services to request application and information materials.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.