Social Studies/Science Instructor, High School Completion Program
Vacancy Notice: 08/16/2017
Application Deadline: Applications continually accepted
Position Type: Faculty
- Part-time teaching assignments to be held on days and evenings.
- Deliver instruction in Social Studies and Science to students studying to complete the High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Plan and deliver whole group instruction and guide students’ independent study assignments in the areas of Social Studies and Science.
- Maintain student attendance records.
- Substitute in other high school completion classrooms as needed.
- Assist with student registration as needed including completion of students’ class schedules.
- Monitor student progress in online learning curriculum.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in teaching or education.
- Teaching certification and/or experience in Social Studies and/or Science preferred.
- Ability to work with students who have widely varying instructional levels and reading abilities.
- Ability to explain and review elementary through high school level science and social studies topics.
- Ability to work and interact effectively and courteously with culturally diverse students and staff.
- Ability to motivate students and apply retention techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in writing and in speaking.
- Ability to explicitly follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Proficient technology skills and adept at learning new computer applications, especially online curricular programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality procedures when handling student records.
- Willing to participate in required professional development.
Part-time. Hourly. Classes are held from 8:30AM to 8:30PM Monday and Thursday.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office in order to be considered for the position.
You must login to apply online, or contact Human Resource Services to request application and information materials.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.