Highway Construction Training
Are you a woman or minority looking for a better paying job but don't have the necessary skills? Obtain low cost training and the skills required for a job in highway construction.
After completing the Highway Construction Training you may have the opportunity to earn your Commercial Drivers License in an additional six weeks.
You Will Learn
- How to operate hand and power tools
- Blueprint reading
- Basic math
- You must be willing to work in highway construction.
- You will need to dedicate at least four weeks to training.
- You must be a woman or a minority and be an Iowa resident.
- You will need to be available to attend daytime training sessions.
The next Highway Construction Training program dates are February 21-March 17, 2017.
The classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:00am-12:00pm at Hawkeye's Cedar Falls Center.
Contact Sergio Mendoza, Prevocational Training Facilitator, at 563-336-3412 or by email for more information.
Business & Community Education
Cedar Falls Center
5330 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613