Application, Registration, and Education Benefits Checklist

As a new or returning student you will have several applications and processes to complete. Contact Hawkeye's veterans services coordinator for personal assistance with coordinating these processes.

Apply for Admission to Hawkeye.

Request your military transcripts.

Register for classes. If you are a new student or changing your program, once admitted you will need to attend a MORE session to register for classes.

Complete the Request for Veteran Enrollment Certification form and submit it to the certifying official.

It is recommended that potential students with military service visit with their Education Service Officer prior to enrollment.

Apply for VA Education Benefits.

Apply for Vocational Readiness and Employment. This benefit is for those with a service connected disability over 10%.

Check into additional tuition assistance programs

Apply for Financial Aid.

If you have any combat injuries or any other prior indications for accommodations, contact the special needs coordinator. This is a confidential and valuable service to support your academic success.

Learn about Academic Support Programs opportunities:

Learn more about the support services for students offered at Hawkeye.

Get involved in the Student Veterans of America Hawkeye Chapter.

Testing Reimbursement: You can apply for reimbursement of a licensing or certification test.

Watch the Orientation Briefing for Military Connected Students.

What to Expect Regarding Your Billing and Payments

  • You will receive a billing statement at the beginning of the semester. All students may charge books to their accounts 10 days prior to classes starting. You will need a photo id and copy of your schedule.

  • Unless you are using Post 9/11 GI Bill or VA Vocational and Rehabilitation benefits, your GI Bill payments will go directly to you. They do not come to the school.

  • Post 9/11 GI Bill or VA Vocational and Rehabilitation tuition and fee portion of the benefit will come to the school and will be applied to your account. Housing allowance and book stipend will go to you. Housing allowance will be paid on a monthly basis and the book stipend is paid out at the beginning of the semester.

Also see What To Expect with your GI Bill and Federal and State Tuition Assistance Programs.

Contact Information

Back to top