Housing Options for International Students

Hawkeye Community College has several housing options available for you. While Hawkeye does not have on-campus housing, many students enjoy living across the street in an apartment. Others find housing throughout the Cedar Valley.

However, one of the most unique features that we can offer is the opportunity for you to live in the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Residence Halls. UNI's campus is located approximately 15 km from Hawkeye's main campus.

Living in a UNI residence hall, you will be able to take advantage of many of UNI's services on campus and have the University living experience while attending classes at Hawkeye! Plus, there is bus service to take you to and from UNI and Hawkeye. It is a great way to get the best of both environments!

If you are interested in living at UNI, you need to apply for housing early. The residence halls fill up fast!

To apply for housing at the University of Northern Iowa:

  1. Email Hawkeye's International Student Admissions Program Coordinator with your name and the date you expect to arrive at the Waterloo Municipal Airport.

  2. Complete a UNI housing contract. Fill out the information completely. Be sure to write very clearly or type your responses.

  3. Be prepared to pay your application fee and housing deposit upon arrival to UNI.

Hawkeye Community College will not secure your housing arrangements for you. Your housing contract will be between you and the provider.

Contact Information

International Student Services

Hawkeye Center 208
telephone (voice):
+1 319-296-4014
+1 319-296-1028
Email International Student Services

Mailing Address

Hawkeye Community College
International Student Admissions
1501 East Orange Road
P.O. Box 8015
Waterloo, IA 50704-8015

See Mailing Options

Back to top