Radiant Rainbows Young Toddler Classroom
The Radiant Rainbows classroom serves young toddlers ages 12–24 months. Teachers plan a variety of individual and group activities to stimulate your child socially, intellectually, and creatively. The Radiant Rainbow classroom curriculum, environment, and experiences are based on the children’s developmental needs and interests.
The teachers provide a warm, safe, and consistent environment for your child to spend his/her day. Throughout the day, your child will:
- Be offered breakfast, lunch, and a snack.
- Brush their teeth after breakfast.
- Participate in small and large group activities including music and movement activities.
- Play outside for at least an hour daily, weather permitting.
- Rest or nap on cots during Quiet Time.
- Have time for free play of their choice. Activities offered include:
- Playing with fine motor toys.
- Creating art in the art center.
- Reading a book in our library.
- Singing and dancing with music and movement activities.
- Playing with blocks.
- Dramatic play.
Radiant Rainbows Young Toddlers Classroom Lead Teachers
Jenny graduated with an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education from Hawkeye Community College in 2014. Before starting at the Hawkeye Child Development Center, Jenny subbed for Head Start.
"I grew up in Ventura, IA. Upon graduating from high school, I moved to Waterloo to attend Hawkeye for Early Childhood Education. I currently live in Fairbank with my husband and my two children.
"I am so excited to be here and look forward to getting to know you and your child."
Stephanie graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 2013 with a Bachelor's of Arts in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education as well. After graduation she substitute taught at Denver Elementary School. In 2014 she joined the Hawkeye Child Development Center team teaching in the preschool classroom.
"I live in Denver, IA with my husband and our three children.
"I love being a mom, going shopping, taking pictures, dancing, spending time with family and friends, and traveling. In college I got to spend 4 1/2 months living in Germany!
"I am so excited to be your child's teacher and for this new adventure at our center! I look forward to all the exploring, learning, and fun we will have this year."