Following a career path is a critical part of your personal and academic decisions. Our professional advisors can assist you with a variety of career decision-making methods including:
- One-on-one career coaching
- Career decision-making strategies
- Career workshops
Career Cruising is a web-based search program that assists in career exploration through assessments, videos, and a college finder tool. Once you discover what your preferred interest areas are, you can begin exploring career options and college programs that are the best fit for you.
- Learn more about your skills, abilities, learning styles, and careers that suit your interest.
- Search for careers and find out what they are really like through videos and photos.
- Find out where to get the education you need to start your career.
- Strengthen your job search skills and find actual job postings.
Appointment recommended for set-up and results discussion.
Contact the Career Services Center for a User ID and password to login to Career Cruising. Once you login with the User ID and password provided, you can create a password of your choosing.
Self-Directed Search (SDS)
The Self-Directed Search, offered in the Career Services Center by appointment, is an assessment based on six different interest areas and relates these interest areas to career fields. Once you discover what your preferred interest areas are, you can begin exploring career options that are the best fit for you.
Contact the Career Services Center for a User ID and password to login to Self-Directed Search.
Career Coach is designed to help you explore careers by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training that Hawkeye provides.