Career Assessment Resources
Assessments are great tools to help you find out what you excel in or enjoy and which careers match up with your skills and interests. The Career Services Center recommends the following assessments.
Career Coach is designed to help you explore careers by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training that Hawkeye provides.
My Next Move
My Next Move is an online resource where you can browse by key words or industry to learn about multiple career areas.
Focus 2 is an online assessment that uses your skills, values, interests, and personality to identify career matches.
Taking the Focus 2 Assessments
- Log In to Focus 2:
Begin by taking the “My Academic Strengths” assessment.
Next, take each self-assessment. After completing each one, return to the home page (house icon in upper left corner) to take the next assessment.
- Work Interest
- To explore your results, you can look at each assessment individually or combine them.
Explore the possibilities!
Complete the companion form [pdf] and schedule a time to meet with Career Services to discuss your results and begin working on a career pathway.
We look forward to helping you reach your career goals!
Things to Keep in Mind
- Use FOCUS 2 online on any phone, tablet, PC or MAC computer, or IPAD anywhere, anytime.
- FOCUS 2 always saves your results. Use FOCUS 2 as often as you wish and in any order.
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options.
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you and your career advisor.
- Remember to save the majors and occupations that appeal to you as you review them.