Academic and Transfer Advising
Career and Technical Program Students
If you are not sure who your advisor is, contact your department office or visit Programs of Study and select your program to find your Program Advisor and their contact information. Typically, your advisor is an instructor within your program of study.
Liberal Arts, Transfer, Undecided, and Pre-Technical Program Students
Student Services advisors are available for Liberal Arts, transfer, undecided, and pre-technical program students.
If you are a Guest Student, contact Records and Registration for assistance in choosing your courses.
Student Services advisors offer the following services:
- Clarify academic/career goals
- Understand your degree requirements
- Review your academic progress
- Evaluate previous coursework
- Choose courses that will transfer to your next school
- Decide on a major
- Learn about careers in your major field
- Transfer information about four-year institutions
- Review your academic plan
- Discuss probation status with Liberal Arts and Pre-Technical students
Visit Programs of Study and select your program or select your Liberal Arts Emphasis Area to find your Student Services advisor and their contact information. Also check out our transfer resources to help make your transfer as smooth as possible.
Meeting with an Academic Advisor
One week before classes begin and during drop/add week, you can be seen on a first come, first serve basis to get your registration questions answered.
At all other times of the year, please schedule an individual appointment by contacting the Student Services office. If you're undecided about your major and want to do some career exploration activities, please schedule an hour appointment.