Student American Dental Assistant Association (SADAA)
Student American Dental Assistant Association (SADAA) is a student club for Dental Assisting program students to become oriented to the dental assisting profession and professional community.
Members of SADAA participate in service activities on campus and in the Waterloo / Cedar Falls community. Participation in these activities develop team building skills that will aid in your new role as a dental health team member once employed in a dental office.
This year SADAA is working on a collaboration with Respiratory Therapy and looking into options for a service project this fall. Members are also creating a box for the Toy Drive and are planning to design club t-shirts.
Some of our recent activities include:
- Making care kits at St Paul's Lutheran Church in Waverly
- Participating in the 2019 Family Halloween Event on Campus
- Providing Oral Health Education to the kids at the Hawkeye Child Care Center
- Collaborating with the Respiratory Club to create and send Christmas Cards to area nursing homes
- Collaborating with the SADHA Club to provide an Oral Health Research program to area dental professionals
Meetings — Fall 2021
SADAA officers meet on the 3rd Monday of each month in Grundy Hall from 12:00–1:00pm.
President: Tracy Curran
Vice President: Ashley Downing
Secretary: Payten Lehmann
Trustee(s): Breanna Busta and Sydney Meeks