MAPS (Minds, Actions, People, Society)
MAPS (Minds, Actions, People, Society) is a student-run organization to support areas of interest in Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work. We are here to facilitate student interests and further our education in these areas of study and to bring awareness both on and off campus.
Any student with interests in the fields of Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work.
Activities and Events
- April 3, 2017: Guest speaker from Upper Iowa University.
- April 14, 2017: Visit the Independence Mental Health Institute (MHI)*. Learn the history of MHI and gain insight into the psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents.
- April 17, 2017: Guest speaker from the University of Iowa.
- April 28, 2017: Iowa Sociology Association (ISA) Conference at Loras College*.
* All students wishing to attend an off-campus event with transportation provided by Hawkeye Community College must fill out and submit a travel acknowledgment waiver [pdf] form at least one week prior to the planned event. Forms may be turned in during our monthly meetings, via email to Patty Crowe, or drop off at Patty Crowe's mailbox in Black Hawk Hall 258.
Meeting Times—Fall 2017
MAPS (Minds, Actions, People, Society) will meet the first and third Monday of each month from 12:00–12:55pm in Black Hawk Hall 252.
How to Join
Stop by our Meet and Greet during Fall Fest or Spring Fling, or join us for our monthly meetings.
President: Lindsey Droste
Vice President: Lindsey Neessen
Secretary: Joe Trumbley