Cedar Valley Mental Health Summit Speaker Request for Proposal
The Request for Proposal (RFP) process serves to identify speakers for the upcoming Cedar Valley Mental Health Summit. The summit will be held on September 13, 2019. As speaking opportunities emerge, applications will be considered from the speakers who submitted RFP’s.
We seek presenters to share cutting-edge ideas, encourage engaging discussions, and convey the fundamentals for growing awareness in mental health for racial and ethnic populations. Topics are selected based on previous attendee surveys, and relevance of topics. Cedar Valley Mental Health Committee will review proposals and determine those that best fit our goals for the Summit.
The goals of all Mental Health Summits are to:
- Provide experts the opportunity to increase their exposure in the community.
- Provide high quality information and relevant skills to participants.
- Facilitate the professional and personal development and growth of all participants.
- Provide high quality educational presentations.
- Engage attendees through audience participation and discussion.
- Coordinate with staff regarding any special equipment needs.
- Provide a topic summary, top three participant takeaways, biography, and picture for marketing purposes.
- Promote your participation in the event on your social media sites.
Cedar Valley Mental Health Committee Responsibilities
- Aggressively promote the event, speakers, and subject matter through a variety of communication vehicles:
- Hawkeye Community College website.
- Announcements at other Continuing Education events at Hawkeye Community College.
- Email announcements.
- Hawkeye Community College social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin.
- Register participants.
- Coordinate with speaker regarding special equipment and material needs for the event.
Your input is valued and will be carefully considered by our events and education committee. The Committee will respond to your submission within a month of receiving it. We appreciate all submissions and if you are not selected for this upcoming program year, we welcome you to submit again for the following year. Opportunities will be to those proposals that best fit program themes.
Submitting Your Proposal