Admissions & Program Requirements
Apply for admission at Hawkeye.
Complete the Basic Skill Competencies Requirements as described below.
- Completed applicant files (we have your application, transcripts, and test scores) will be processed as follows:
- Applicants meeting the program's admission requirements will be sent an admissions inactivation letter.
- Applicants meeting the program's admission requirements will be accepted.
We accept approximately 24 students and 10 alternates each fall and spring semester. Applicants will be accepted based on the date their completed applicant file. If many students share the same date for completing their applicant files, the application date will be used to prioritize their acceptance.
If necessary, alternates will be contacted to fill unconfirmed positions in the program. Alternates will be given priority for the next term.
Hawkeye's Equal Opportunity Statement
Basic Skill Competencies Requirements
Score at least the following scores on any combination of the below assessment options:
Basic skill competency assessments and scores
|ACT sub scores
40 Elementary Algebra
98 Sentence Skills
103 Arithmetic OR
97 Elementary Algebra
|AND one year high school Biology with "C" grade or higher in each semester.
Applicants can take the ACT assessment or the ACCUPLACER assessment at Hawkeye. Pre-registration is required.
Complete all of the following college success courses with a "C" grade or higher at Hawkeye Community College or comparable courses at another accredited college:
- ENG061 College Preparatory Writing II
- RDG040 College Preparatory Reading III
- MAT063 Elementary Algebra
- BIO042 Prep. Science for Health Careers
Any combination of the above fulfilling the basic skills requirements of algebra, reading, writing, and biology.