Admissions & Program Requirements
Apply at Hawkeye
Complete Hawkeye's online admissions application to apply and be considered for the Dental Hygiene program.
Request to have your transcripts sent to the Admissions office.
Placement through appropriate assessment scores or completion of success courses
In order to be eligible for the Medical Laboratory Technology program, all students must:
- Meet minimum score requirements and/or complete required success courses.
- Have a minimum of one year of high school or college level biology with a grade of "C" or higher.
Students must meet the minimum assessment score or have completed the required success course in each math, English, and reading.
||Success Course *
||85 Elementary Algebra
||MAT-063 Elementary Algebra
||82 Sentence Skills -OR-
||ENG-061 College Preparatory Writing II
||RDG-040 College Preparatory Reading III
* Students who have been placed into one or more success courses will be admitted to the Medical Laboratory Technology pre-program until all success courses are completed. Success course credits do not apply towards graduation or the AAS degree.
It is the student's responsibility to:
- Monitor their progress toward meeting admissions requirements.
- Notify the Admissions office when requirements have been met.
- Provide the Admissions office with the appropriate documentation showing completion of all requirements. Appropriate documentation of updated assessment scores and/or a transcript or degree audit showing successful completion of course requirements.
While in the Medical Laboratory Technology pre-program, students are able to complete the necessary developmental courses at the same time they are working on the required general education coursework, assuming all individual course pre-requisites are satisfied. See the Medical Laboratory Technology Suggested Sequence of Study for the general education and program specific courses pre-program students may enroll in prior to full acceptance to the program
Students may also satisfy the high school biology requirement with any of the general education biological sciences.
The Medical Laboratory Technology program begins each fall and spring semester. Applicants will be offered acceptance based on the date their applicant file was completed. If many students share the same date for completing their applicant file, the second criteria used will be the GPA from the pre-requisite courses.