Social Work Liberal Arts Transfer Major
Study in Social Work will help you gain skills in critical thinking, research methods, understanding the way society works, and understanding the relationship between individuals and the societies in which we live. Social Work emphasizes the importance of social environment as it affects the quality of people’s lives. The skills you learn studying Social Work are transferable to many careers.
23 Defining Moments of Social Work
A Social Work degree prepares students for career opportunities in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. The following are some of the major career fields you can pursue related to Social Work:
- School social work
- Older adults
- Mental health
- People with disabilities
- Criminal justice/corrections
- Children, youth, and families
- Substance use, abuse, and dependence
The National Association of Social Workers and The Best Social Work Jobs also provide additional information on careers in Social Work.
- Apply for admission at Hawkeye.
- Send official transcripts to Admissions.
- Demonstrate college readiness.
You can check the status of your application by logging into your Admissions Account.
Hawkeye's Equal Opportunity Statement
School of Social Work Colleges and Universities
- Briar Cliff University, Sioux City, IA
- Buena Vista University, Storm Lake, IA
- Clark University, Dubuque, IA
- Dordt College, Sioux Center, IA
- Loras College, Dubuque, IA
- Luther College, Decorah, IA
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
- Wartburg University, Waverly, IA
- The Best Online Masters Social Work Degree Programs
Hawkeye Reads: A campus-wide program that seeks to support the College's Institutional Outcomes and increase literacy.
MAPS (Minds, Actions, People, Society): Special interest club for students interested in Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work.
Multicultural Student Organization: A student-led group created to be a platform for students to focus on diversity issues that shape our world.
Student Ambassadors: A group of students who assist the Admissions office with the recruitment of new students and who represent and promote Hawkeye.
Student Leadership Council: Represents and promotes the common interests and general welfare of the student body.