John Deere Electrical and Mechanical School to Work Program
Earn your degree and gain high demand employment at John Deere.
Students accepted into the School to Work John Deere Electrical Machine Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance program will:
John Deere Assessment Process
Students must meet all the following criteria to remain in the School to Work program.
- Maintain a 2.2 GPA.
- Complete all requirements of the Industrial Automation Technology program.
- Complete all hiring requirements for John Deere’s hiring process.
- Accept the final job offer from John Deere.
If all program and contract requirements are not met, the student must pay back the loan.
John Deere Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Positions
John Deere Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance employees perform all electrical/electronic or mechanical maintenance and repairs to facilities and production equipment in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment. They must troubleshoot and repair production equipment in an efficient manner while following strict safety practices and OSHA regulations. In addition, they are expected to:
- Perform tasks necessary to support operations in a team environment.
- Support preventative and predictive maintenance programs to maximize equipment uptime.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Supply their own tools.
- Available to work off shifts.