Industry 4.0 Basic Operations
This competency-based course will prepare you to succeed in modern production environments that utilize Industry 4.0 controls, automation, and processes and also learn how to analyze and modify these modern production control systems.
The course is based on industry-recognized Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA) standards includes the competencies from C-101 Certified Industry 4.0 Associate - Basic Operations.
Basic Operations Competencies
- Concepts & Terminology of Smart Manufacturing
- Basic Setup, Adjustment and Operation of Automated Machines
- Safety and Hand Tools
- Blueprint and Schematic Reading
- Precision Measurement
- Basic Electrical Control, Pneumatic, and Sensor Systems Operation
- Basic Robot Operation and Terminology
- Production Monitoring via HMI, Internet, Ethernet, and Smart Phones
- CNC Concepts
- Workplace Communication
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone who wants to learn skills for a new career.
- Individuals who already work in manufacturing or advanced manufacturing occupations that want to advance.
- Individuals who work in maintenance, IT, or engineering and seek to become versed in basic factory floor controls, automation, and programming.
Class meets: March 27 – May 19, Monday – Friday from 5:30 – 7:30pm
Location: TechWorks Campus – Third Floor, 360 Westfield Avenue, Waterloo, Iowa
Register online for Industry 4.0 Basic Operations or call 319-296-4290.
Email our program coordinator or complete the form below and we will be in contact with you soon.