The Foundation Private Loan is available to help you pay for tuition, fees, and book expenses. This loan will be applied first to tuition and fees and then to your book expenses.
If you receive any additional financial aid, the loan amount plus your additional financial aid cannot be more than the cost of attendance.
Loan Amount Per Semester
- Full-time (12 or more credit hours): $1,000
- Quarter-time (9–11 credit hours): $750
- Half-time (6–8 credit hours): $500
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours.
- Pass a credit report or have an eligible co-signer.
To apply contact the Foundation office for an application and necessary loan paperwork.
Loan proceeds are applied first to any outstanding balances on your student account. Any remaining balance will be disbursed to the student.
Repayment of the loan is made on a monthly basis directly to the Foundation office beginning 90 days after you graduate or withdraw from Hawkeye, unless you continue your college education at another college or university.
See the Foundation office for the current interest rate.