RedTail Achievement Scholarship
RedTail Achievement Scholarships are awarded to students who have excelled academically in high school. This scholarship will fill the gap after state and federal aid (grants) and other Hawkeye scholarships are applied to tuition and mandatory fees for courses in the students current program of study.
Award amounts are based on high school GPA:
- Hawkeye Blue (3.5-4.0 GPA): Up to $3,000 ($750/semester for two years)
- Hawkeye Orange (3.0-3.49 GPA): Up to $2,000 ($500/semester for two years)
Recipients will receive their award fall and spring semesters for two consecutive academic years as long as they meet renewal criteria.
Eligibility Criteria *
To be considered for the RedTail Achievement Scholarship, you must:
- Be a 2022 U.S. high school graduate
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.00
- Register for Fall 2022 courses with at least 12 credits by June 3, 2022
- Must have a completed FAFSA by June 3, 2022
* Students receiving a Last-Dollar Scholarship are not eligible for this award.
To maintain your eligibility status, you must:
- Be enrolled in 12 or more credits per semester.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
* Students that received the RedTail Achievement Scholarship as a pre-program student that are now enrolled in a Last-Dollar Scholarship program are no longer eligible for the RedTail Achievement Scholarship.