Entrance Loan Counseling must be completed before your first disbursement of your Subsidized/Unsubsidized Federal Loans.
If you have previously completed Entrance Loan Counseling at another school, you are still required to complete the Entrance Loan Counseling for Hawkeye Community College.
During the Entrance Loan Counseling session you will learn about:
- Federal Direct Loan.
- Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower.
- Managing educational expenses.
- Other financial resources to consider that may help pay for your education.
To start your Entrance Loan Counseling session:
- Go to studentaid.gov
- Click on the "Sign In" button.
- To sign in, you will need your FSA ID.
- Be sure to list Hawkeye.
Allow 20–30 minutes to complete the Entrance Loan Counseling session.
Completed Entrance Counseling data is submitted to The Department of Education for processing and then an Entrance Counseling Acknowledgement is sent to Hawkeye Community College.