Adult Basic Education, High School Completion, English Language Learning, and Metro Assessment Center Instructors
Job Vacancy Notice: 12/23/2015
Status: Continually Accepted
JOB SUMMARY: Part-time teaching assignments to be held on days and evenings:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE), High School Completion (HSC), and English Language Learning (ELL) – four levels of classes.
- Metro Assessment Center (MAC) – provides new student intake and registration, administers student assessments and high school equivalency testing, and provides instruction for high school credit classes and college brush-up courses.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to communicate with students and the public. Must be able to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable, professional, organized, and self-motivated, do record-keeping and classroom paperwork, use current technology, have patience with and understanding of diverse student populations, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
- ABE - Teaching certification and/or reading coursework preferred. HSC – Teaching certification and multiple subject coursework preferred. ELL - Teaching certification, TESOL coursework, or English Language Learning teaching experience preferred.
- MAC - Secondary certification in math, science, social studies, English, or reading required.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, hourly.
- ABE/HSC/ELL Classes are held between 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- Metro Assessment Center hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by 4:00pm Central Time Continually Accepted.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services
Hawkeye Center 101