Z2019 Assistant Men's Golf Coach (Part-time)
Vacancy Notice: 06/20/2019
Application Deadline: 7/24/2019 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Professional
- Athletic Administration and Head Coach
This position assists with the supervision and coaching of practices and competitions. Recruits student athletes, directs practices, manages practice and travel schedules, and supervises team conduct during competition, travel, tournaments, and other events where the team is represented. Participates in the planning, organizing, and execution of preseason and season practices. Fosters a positive team atmosphere and supports student athletes’ academic progress, retention, and graduation through mentoring activities and guidance to appropriate support services. Due to the nature of the work involved in coaching; many weeks will entail morning, evening, and weekend hours. Needs of the department vary, the percent of time devoted to each part of the job will be governed by seasonal and immediate needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with all facets of practices and competitions.
- Assists in the monitoring of conditioning programs.
- Recruits students and maintains specific roster sizes for men’s and women’s program.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Admissions and Student Services for recruiting and enrolling prospective student-athletes from point of inquiry through registration.
- Monitors, assists, and nurtures student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assists with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of the program.
- Provides first aid in emergency situations and completes required blood borne pathogen training and CPR certification.
- Enforces all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs set-up, tear-down, and storage of equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years coaching and/or competing in golf.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer.
- Experience and knowledge of golf.
- Thorough knowledge of, or willingness to learn all applicable NJCAA and ICCAC rules as they apply to golf.
- Ability to travel.
- CPR/First Aid certification required or ability to obtain.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong commitment to high ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to build team cohesiveness.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, faculty, staff, and students.
- Positive attitude toward athletics and recreation.
- Successful clearance of criminal conviction record check.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License and Passenger Endorsement within first three months of employment.
- One year experience working with college age athletes.
- One year experience NJCAA and ICCAC policies.
- One year recruiting collegiate athletes at the NJCAA level.
Part-time position averaging 20 hours per week for 32 weeks with a choice of retirement programs—IPER (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.