Remedial Reading and Math Instructors
Vacancy Notice: 01/10/2019
Application Deadline: 1/31/2019 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Professional
Application will be reviewed upon receipt.
- High School Completion Coordinator
Instructors create and deliver whole-group and individual lessons in foundational reading and mathematics that incorporate state standards and competencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teach morning and/or evening classes on a regular or substitute basis.
- High School Completion program classes operate on a semester system.
- Develop homework assignments and maintain student attendance and class performance records.
- Identify areas of student need.
- Assist in the identification of students for remedial instruction.
- Collaborate on the development of curriculum which incorporates state standards and competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Ability to work with and provide customer service for diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Ability to incorporate classroom technology.
- Ability to create lessons tailored to specific skill levels
- Ability to motivate students and apply retention techniques.
- Flexibility with new initiatives and approaches.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operational integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Must be welcoming, self-motivated, independent, willing to participate in required professional development, and detail-oriented with lesson plans, class records, and paperwork.
- Teaching certification.
- Special Education, Reading, or related endorsements.
- Teaching experience in remedial settings and/or with adults.
Part-time. Hourly. Classes are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday evenings during fall and spring semesters.
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.