Head Soccer Coach
Vacancy Notice: 05/11/2018
Application Deadline: 5/25/2018 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Professional
This position provides supervision and coaching as the Head Coach of the Men’s and Women’s Soccer Teams. Recruits student athletes, directs practices, manages practice and travel schedules, and supervises team conduct during competition, travel, tournaments, and other events where the soccer team is represented. Participates in the planning, organizing, and execution of preseason and season practices. Fosters a positive team atmosphere and supports student athletes’ academic progress, retention, and graduation through mentoring activities and guidance to appropriate support services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitates all facets of soccer practices and competitions.
- Assists in the monitoring of conditioning programs.
- Recruits students and maintains specific roster sizes for men’s and women’s soccer program.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Admissions and Student Services for recruiting and enrolling prospective student-athletes from point of inquiry through registration.
- Monitors, assists, and nurtures student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assists with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of the soccer program.
- Provides first aid in emergency situations and completes required blood borne pathogen training and CPR certification.
- Enforces all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs set-up, tear-down, and storage of equipment.
- Supervises assistant coaches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years’ experience coaching and/or competing in soccer.
- One year experience recruiting athletes.
- Knowledge of general post-secondary admissions procedures and practices.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be insurable.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, staff, students, faculty, and the general public.
- Flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, education, health promotion, sports administration, sports marketing, or related field.
- Two years’ experience working with college age students.
- Two years’ experience with national and conference policies, e.g., NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA, ICCAC, etc.
- USSF National Level C Certification.
- Associate Director of Athletics
Full time position with competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPER (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.