Z2018 Medical Office Instructor
Vacancy Notice: 04/27/2018
Application Deadline: 6/8/2018 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Faculty
This is a full-time position with the responsibility of providing high-quality classroom instruction and leadership to the students of the Business Department. Courses may include, but not limited to, Medical Terminology, Medical Reimbursement, CPT-4 Coding, ICD-10-CM and PCS Coding, HCPCS Coding, Pharmacology, Pathology, and other medical office courses. Teaching assignments may include days and evenings, and various sites and formats (face-to-face, on-line, ICN). A full-time teaching load of 15 credit hours per term is typical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong background in current medical terminology.
- Knowledge of current office practices and software, electronic medical records, and medical insurance.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives, assessing accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and providing progress reports as requested and required.
- Formulates and maintains curriculum for assigned courses.
- Supervises and advises students.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Dean, supervisors, other faculty, the Advisory Committee, all divisions of the College, prospective employers, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of recent, relevant work experience.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Related Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- One year postsecondary teaching experience.
- Related professional certification(s) such as RHIT, CPC, or CCA.
- Ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom and develop and revise curriculum.
- Dean, School of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Business
Full time nine-month contractual position beginning in August of 2018 with comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; personal and sick leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.