Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Instructor and Program Director
Vacancy Notice: 04/27/2018
Application Deadline: 5/18/2018 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Faculty
This is a full-time position providing high-quality classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction to the students of the Occupational Therapy Assistant program as well as Program Director. Teaching assignments may include days and evenings, and various sites and formats (face-to-face, on-line, ICN). A full-time teaching load of 15 credit hours per term is typical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience with or commitment to various instructional modalities.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives, assessing accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and providing progress reports as requested and required.
- Formulates and maintains curriculum for assigned courses.
- Supervises and advises students.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Dean, supervisors, other faculty, the Advisory Committee, all divisions of the College, prospective employers, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree.
- Certified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Hold or be eligible for professional license as required by the State of Iowa.
- Five years of experience in the field of occupational therapy, including practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, including administrative or supervisory experience.
- One year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities.
- Must have an understanding of and experience with occupational therapy assistants as evidenced by experience in practice, educational, and/or volunteer activities with occupational therapy assistants.
- Dean, School of Interprofessional Health and Safety Services
Full time twelve-month contractual position with comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; personal and sick leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.
You must login to apply online, or contact Human Resource Services to request application and information materials.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.