Z2018 Library Reference Assistant
Vacancy Notice: 04/20/2018
Application Deadline: 5/18/2018 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Classified
This position provides paraprofessional reference service to students, faculty and staff and coordinates fulfillment of incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responds to student, faculty and staff inquiries regarding use of library resources.
- Completes all tasks associated with interlibrary loan.
- Develops working knowledge of integrated library systems.
- Participates in operation of the circulation desk and maintenance of library reading room.
- Shelves materials and maintains order of reading room and stacks.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of online research guides.
- Provides instruction or library tours to classes as needed.
- Troubleshoots library equipment, software and access problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree and one year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of basic library resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse students, staff and public.
- Ability to work flexible hours covering evening and Sunday shifts.
- Must be reliable, prompt, and courteous.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a cooperative, contributive manner.
- One year library experience.
Part-time evening position averaging 25 to 28 hours per week. Anticipated academic year schedule of 28 hours per week is Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Monday through Thursday 3:00 p.m.– 8:00 p.m. Summer schedule is 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hourly wage will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience with a choice of retirement programs—IPER (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.