Adult Basic Education and High School Completion Instructor/Lab Monitor
Vacancy Notice: 01/01/2018
Application Deadline: Applications continually accepted
Position Type: Faculty
- Part-time teaching assignments to be held on days and evenings:
- Assist and supervise students in Study-Skills Lab---which includes: assisting students with independent study in math, reading, writing, science, social studies, keyboarding, career exploration; monitoring and scoring practice tests; providing explanations and assignments for further study as needed.
- Maintain attendance records for lab students.
- Substitute in high school completion classrooms as needed.
- Assist with student registration as needed including completion of students’ class schedules.
- Proctor CASAS web-based assessments.
- Maintain integrity of assessments.
- Maintain student accounts and monitor student progress in online learning curriculum.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in teaching or education. Teaching certification and experience preferred.
- Ability to work individually with students who have varying ability levels of math, reading, and writing.
- Ability to explain and review high school level math, reading/writing, science, and social studies.
- Ability to work and interact effectively and courteously with a culturally diverse student population, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to motivate students and apply retention techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in writing and in speaking.
- Ability to explicitly follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain organized records.
- Ability to follow testing protocols and properly proctor assessments.
- Proficient technology skills and adept at learning new computer applications, especially online curricular programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality procedures when handling student records and assessments.
- Willing to participate in required professional development.
- Part-time, hourly.
- ABE/HSC Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office in order to be considered for the position.
You must login to apply online, or contact Human Resource Services to request application and information materials.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please notify Human Resource Services.