Adult Basic Education and High School Completion Instructor/Lab Monitor
Vacancy Notice: 11/16/2018
Application Deadline: 1/1/2019 By 4:00pm CST
Position Type: Professional
- High School Completion Coordinator
This position is responsible for assisting and supervising students in the Study-Skills Lab. Assisting students with independent study in math, reading, writing, science, social studies, keyboarding, and career exploration. Monitoring and scoring practice tests. Providing explanations and assignments for further study.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain attendance records for lab students.
- Assist with student registration including completion of students’ class schedules.
- Maintain integrity of assessments.
- Maintain student accounts and monitor student progress in online learning curriculum.
- Teach morning and/or evening classes on a substitute basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in teaching or education.
- Ability to work with and provide customer service for diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Ability to incorporate classroom technology.
- Ability to create lessons tailored to specific skill levels
- Ability to motivate students and apply retention techniques.
- Flexibility with new initiatives and approaches.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operational integrity by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Must be welcoming, self-motivated, independent, willing to participate in required professional development, and detail-oriented with lesson plans, class records, and paperwork.
- Teaching certification.
- Teaching experience.
Part-time. Hourly. Classes are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday evenings during fall and spring semesters.
Background checks and driving records are considered in all hiring decisions.
Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are in need of any special accommodation in completing the application process, please email Human Resource Services.
Application materials are required and must be received in the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in order to be considered for the position.