Admissions Representative I
Vacancy Notice: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 25, 2022 by 11:59 PM CST
Position Type: Administrative
Hours: Full Time
Reports To: Admissions Representative Coordinator
Are you passionate about making an impact and empowering individuals to pursue an education that fits their career goals? Is it your time to be the difference? If so, Hawkeye Community College has a great opportunity for you.
The Admissions department is looking for a full time Admissions Representative who is excited to have a positive impact on people's lives to join their team. In the Office of Admissions, the team is passionate about developing student friendly processes and delivering a high-level student service experience. An experience that helps students identify their education goals and provides them with the financial tools to be successful.
As the Admissions Representative, you would be overseeing a recruitment territory that involves visiting high schools, attending college fairs, and developing community partnerships. Additionally, you would be collaborating with three primary areas in Admissions - CRM, Processing, and Recruitment, as well as working in partnership with Academic Affairs, High School Relations (dual enrollment), Marketing, and other areas across campus to effectively recruit students to Hawkeye Community College.
Hawkeye Community College is a comprehensive community college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body through our Adult Learning Center, Business and Community Education Department as well as through more than 50 career and technical programs and liberal arts transfer programs. Hawkeye Community College’s mission is about empowering students, strengthening businesses and enriching communities with a vision to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manages a recruitment territory focused on traditional aged students.
Coordinates and supports prospective student campus visits, including individual student and group visits.
Conducts high school and college fair visits at select state and regional school systems.
Tracks and analyzes high school population trends and recruitment activities.
Develops and maintains strong relationships with school counselors, teachers, and community outreach partners.
Works evenings and weekends as needed.
Unless otherwise approved under Hawkeye’s remote work policy, regular on campus and/or onsite attendance is considered an essential function of the position.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and one year of relevant work experience such as customer service, recruitment, territory management, sales etc. or a combination of related education and work experience to total 3 years.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in presentations and one-on-one with students and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations as well as various areas of the college and community (faculty, staff, students, and general public) in a professional and personable manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, maintain student confidence and protect operational integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and high volume of work with deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through inclusive behaviors and helping contribute to a culture of inclusivity, and a vibrant, diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as well as ability to travel.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer.
- Demonstrated ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communications, student affairs, business, or related field.
- Three years of experience in student recruitment, territory management, sales, or other relevant work
- Experience in diverse student recruitment.
- Understands the admissions funnel and best practices related to student recruitment and CRM utilization.
- Multi-lingual speakers (preferably Spanish).
- Community College education and/or work experience.
Anticipated schedule is Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends.
Requires skills for succeeding in an office environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in an office setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with student, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computers.
Full time, nonexempt position with comprehensive or competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; tuition reimbursement; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
- Complete an online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment
- Submit/upload a resume.
- Submit/upload 3 references with a minimum of 1 being from a current/past supervisor.
- Submit/upload a cover letter that addresses the following:
- Describe your experience you have had with college admissions and/or recruiting.
- Describe your experience handling and scheduling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Explain your working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Additionally, include any student information systems and/or CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems knowledge or experience.
- Describe any experience you have had in customer service to students, faculty, staff, and/or the general public.
Submit the online application and all required materials by Sunday, September 25th.
All application materials must be submitted by Sunday, September 25, 2022 by 11:59 PM CST.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.