Professional Development through Teaching Squares
Teaching squares provide faculty with a unique networking opportunity while learning about students, programs, and instructional techniques here at Hawkeye Community College. A teaching square consists of four faculty participants from different disciplines. Each participant will do the following:
- Coordinate class visit dates/times with group participants.
- Observe a class taught by each participant in the Teaching Square.
- Identify one thing from each class you found effective, useful, or interesting and a way you could implement it into your own classes.
- Complete a Teaching Square Reflection form for each observation and submit it to both the Brobst Center and the faculty member you observed.
- Attend the end of semester All Squares Celebration with other Teaching Squares, time and date TBD.
Following successful completion of the Teaching Square, each member will earn a certificate of completion from the Brobst Center for his or her Quality Faculty Plan.