Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

All Hawkeye Community College buildings are closed. Faculty and staff are working remotely and can be reached via email or phone.

COVID-19 Emergency Funds are available to Hawkeye students affected by the disruption of campus operations. Learn more and apply today to see if you qualify!

See the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information web page for more information. Last updated: Wednesday, May 27, 2020.

Safety & Injury Reporting

Student or Visitor Report of Injury

Hawkeye Community College is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for students, visitors, and staff.

Students, visitors, and/or staff who are injured while on campus should contact Public Safety at 319-296-4234 no matter how minor the injury may be. If it is an emergency, contact 911 first and then Public Safety.

A Student/Visitor Report of Injury form [pdf] needs to be completed by the injured person as they may be covered under workers compensation insurance. The Student/Visitor Report of Injury form must be sent within 24 hours of the injury to Barb Farrell at

Who is covered by Workers' Compensation

  • Students working on-campus in a practical training or clinical rotation as required by their program of study who are injured (e.g. laceration by equipment) should file a student report of injury.

  • Students working off-campus in a practical training or clinical rotation as required by their program of study who are injured (e.g. a needle stick) should immediately notify the off-site clinic or business which they are working for. The student also needs to contact their program coordinator immediately and follow the student report of injury instructions.

All transportation to and from the necessary medical treatment facility is the responsibility of the student/visitor and will not be covered or provided by Hawkeye or its employees.

Public Safety

Hawkeye Center 216
Email us

Reporting Injuries

Barb Farrell

Daniel Gillen

Back to top