Join us for the 1st Annual Staff and Faculty Ping Pong Championship! Gisella Baker, director of Financial Aid, is competing against Business Office accountant Dan Bogart for the title.
You’re invited to attend the match in person and grab some lunch at the Brock Student Center or watch virtually via Facebook Live.
- Masks must be worn. Disposable gloves are optional and will be provided. After every game players are to sanitize the table, paddles, and balls. Balls will be rotated and sanitized during play too.
- All equipment will be provided, but feel free to bring your own paddle.
- A match is played best 2 of 3 games. For each game, the first player to reach 11 points wins that game; however, a game must be won by at least a two-point margin.
- A point is scored every time the ball is put into play.
- Both players are responsible for keeping score throughout game play and reporting the scores back to Student Activities staff to record prior to leaving the Brock Student Center.
Flow of the match
- Each player serves two points in a row and then switches servers. However, if a score of 10-10 is reached in any game, then each server serves only one point and then the server is switched.
- After each game, the players switch sides of the table. If the match goes into a third game, the players switch sides again after either player reaches 5 points.
- A friendly, socially distanced game of “rock paper scissors” will be played to determine the first server and sides.
- The ball must rest on an open hand palm. Then it must be tossed up at least 6 inches and struck so the ball first bounces on the server's side and then the opponent's side.
- When serving, your opponent wins the point if you fail to make a valid serve — one that bounces on your side of the table, then clears the net. If the ball hits the net it is called a “let serve” and the server will need to serve again - no point is given.
- faculty and staff
- student activities
- student activity