Student Activities, Phi Theta Kappa, and Hawkeye Pride are working together to bring a Holiday Drive for Kids to campus. The drive will take place November 1 – December 6, 2021.
Donations will go to House of Hope and local elementary schools with families in need for distribution.
- Gift cards to create positive experiences for youth (ball game tickets, Phelps Youth Pavilion, Sportsplex, downtown Waterloo shops and restaurants, pool passes, etc.)
- Wellness/Art supplies
- 12" x 12" canvases
- 10 fine point sharpie sets
- 25 Acrylic paint sets
- 20 Craft kits for adults
- 25 Paintbrush sets
- 20 Christmas craft kits
- Sensory toys for infants
- Sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, soccer balls)
- Board games
- Card games
- Color/paint books
- Girl journals
- Hot wheel cars
- Jewelry kits
- Science kits
- Nerf toys
Also see the Amazon wish list.
Decorated donation boxes are placed throughout campus. Support the club/org of your choice by placing your donation in their decorated box!
- Education Club — Black Hawk Hall, Upper level
- Hawkeye Gamers Club — Black Hawk Hall, Lower level
- Hawkeye Pride — Library
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Club — Butler Hall
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) — Buchanan Hall
- Photography Club — Bremer Hall
- Physical Therapist Assistant Club — Health Education and Services Center
- Student Activities — Brock Student Center
- Student Ambassadors — Hawkeye Center
- Student American Dental Assistant Association (SADAA) — Tama Hall
Phi Theta Kappa and Hawkeye Pride Org are also running a 50/50 raffle for the chance to win half of the proceeds, and the other half going to purchase the gift cards mentioned above.
Tickets are $5, and a winner will be drawn every Wednesday throughout the five weeks of the Holiday Drive.
If you have any questions about the raffle or would like to purchase tickets, please email Brinlee Knudson.
- community events
- faculty and staff
- student activities
- student activity