Join us for an hour of coffee and conversations, at the new Unity and Understanding Center *, where we discuss important matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This will be a safe place for the exploration and discussion of difficult topics, centered around race, gender and sexuality, cultural inequality, and social justice to name a few. Hawkeye students, faculty, and staff will also have a chance to:
- Connect with each other.
- Exchange ideas about changes related to diversity, equity, and inclusion that we would like to see on campus.
- Exchange stories and experiences.
- Learn more about the upcoming U2 center.
- Explore ways to take action on our campus.
- Enjoy coffee and cookies
* The Unity and Understanding Center is located in Hawkeye Center 202, the former Bookstore.
This Month's Topic: Supporting Latinx Students on Campus
In recognition of Hispanic Heritage Month, join us for a discussion on how we can best serve our Hispanic/Latino/Latinx students on our campus.
Topics will include: What Latinx means, what challenges Latinx students face in our society and on campus, and best practices to support our students from this population.
Conversation topics will be posted each month. Email Hiram Marquez for more information.
- diversity and inclusion
- student activity