Many smaller businesses have employees who wear multiple hats and are assigned tasks with little or no experience or knowledge. If you are the person assigned human resources tasks like completing the paperwork after a new employee is hired; filing workman’s compensation claims; handling FLMA for the company; training managers how to hire and manage staff to avoid lawsuits to name a few, then HR Boot Camp is for you!
In this five-week training program, you will establish a foundation of human resource knowledge to ensure your organization’s policies and practices are following the legal parameters. This will also be an opportunity to establish a network of colleagues who are in the same situation as you. You’ll hear what they are doing and get advice on issues, policies, and practices they have experienced.
The largest benefit will be the peace of mind knowing you are doing the essential human resource activities correctly and are preventing the business from costly litigation.
Class topics will include:
• Onboarding (e.g. policies, compliance, culture)
• Hiring practices and processes
• Management skills/laws around management practices
• Compensation and benefits
• Avoiding problems (e.g. OSHA, EEO, labor relations)
View complete course and registration information
- continuing ed business & professional development
- continuing education
- corporate and business solutions