Join in and learn the power and usefulness of the time tested and proven system of 5S to improve organization, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety at home, work or school. 5S is more than a methodology, it is a philosophy of continuous improvement and sends a clear message throughout that orderliness, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety is priority one! 5S is based on the following five principles: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize and Sustain.
What will I learn?
- How to do effectively implement 5S at home, work or school.
- How 5S contributes to the elimination of waste as defined by the acronym DOWNTIME (defects, overproduction, waiting, not using our talent, transport, inventory, motion, extra processing)
- How to keep score by completing a 5S audit. We can’t effectively manage a process we do not measure.
- How to use “red tagging” as part of the Sort phase of 5S – This keeps us from getting bogged down trying to determine where everything should go and what to do with items we intend to get rid of.
- Prepare a 5S schedule showing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activities required to maintain organization, cleanliness/sanitary conditions and safety.
- How to implement an effective reward/recognition program to encourage participation by everyone
What will I receive?
eFiles including a full 5S manual, a variety of useful forms and templates. Everything you need to effectively implement 5S!
View complete course and registration information
- continuing ed business & professional development
- continuing education
- corporate and business solutions