Have you been thinking about continuing your education but not sure where to start? We can help!
Join us for a free meal and an informational forum.
Who Should Attend?
- Adult learners (19 years and older) who are new to the college experience and interested in enrolling in an eligible program full-time or part-time.
- Adult returning students who may have started college at Hawkeye but did not finish. We will help you figure out what it will take to finish your degree.
- Adults from underrepresented populations.
What you will learn
- High demand career programs offered at Hawkeye Community College
- The college admissions process
- Important information about the financial aid process, completing the FAFSA, and general information about federal student loans
- Scholarship opportunities
We will also address barriers for those wanting to return to college but may be facing difficulties (i.e. defaulted federal student loans, previous suspensions, etc…).
This event is sponsored by the Diversity and Inclusion office at Hawkeye Community College and University of Northern Iowa's Center for Urban Education (UNI-CUE) in partnership with Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) and Waterloo Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
For more information contact Rhonda McRina at 319-296-4463 or email@example.com.
- community events
- diversity and inclusion