Childcare Director Training Certificate
The Iowa Childcare Director Training was developed to support those aspiring to become a childcare director. It can also be taken by experienced directors wanting to refresh their skills. The online training provides valuable information focusing on the needed topics every director should know. These topics include: Center Design, Finance and Fiscal Management, Policies and Procedures, Human Resources, Staff Management, Program Philosophy, Creating a Positive Climate, Managing the Food, Health, and Safety Programs, Curriculum and Assessment, Accessing Services and Community Resources, and Software Application of Quickbooks.
The training allows collaboration through a cohort of participants, 24/7 access through the online format, and an extended mentoring program after the training for further support.
This non-credit training counts toward required professional development training for individuals in a number positions including childcare director, early head start director, education coordinator, or preschool director.
Example Careers and Average Wages
| ||Entry ||Average ||Experienced |
|Education and Childcare Administrators, Preschool and Daycare ||$29,200 ||43,900 ||$51,300 |
Source: 2020 Iowa Wage Report, Iowa Workforce Development
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED obtained from an accredited institution and recognized by U. S. Department of Education and submit documentation as proof.
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must have access to the Internet through a web browser ( Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Must be working in childcare and meet the minimum qualifications to be a director as defined by the department of Human Services or be a current director. See center director requirements.
Students must complete the entire course to receive certification.
Online, self-paced: February 21–May 15, 2021 [this session is full]
QuickBooks via Zoom: April 5–14, 2021 on Monday and Wednesday from 6:00–9:00pm
Cost: 100% of the tuition is funded by a grant from the Iowa Women's Foundation Building Community Child Care Solutions Fund.
Registration is currently closed for the first session. Additional session dates are being scheduled. Please complete our form below to be added to our list and we will contact you when the training dates are released.
Review our list of frequently asked questions.[download pdf]
Join Our Wait List